|Year : 2020 | Volume
| Issue : 1 | Page : 1-2
Welcome to the International Federation of Endodontic Association 12th world Endodontic Congress to be held at Chennai, India: September 23–26, 2020
Adjunct Professor, Sri Ramachandra Dental College & Hospital, Chennai, India
|Date of Submission||20-Feb-2020|
|Date of Decision||05-May-2020|
|Date of Acceptance||15-Mar-2020|
|Date of Web Publication||20-Mar-2020|
Adjunct Professor, Sri Ramachandra Dental College & Hospital, Chennai
Source of Support: None, Conflict of Interest: None
|How to cite this article:|
Velayutham G. Welcome to the International Federation of Endodontic Association 12th world Endodontic Congress to be held at Chennai, India: September 23–26, 2020. Endodontology 2020;32:1-2
|How to cite this URL:|
Velayutham G. Welcome to the International Federation of Endodontic Association 12th world Endodontic Congress to be held at Chennai, India: September 23–26, 2020. Endodontology [serial online] 2020 [cited 2020 Jun 3];32:1-2. Available from: http://www.endodontologyonweb.org/text.asp?2020/32/1/1/281083
“Learning gives creativity, creativity leads to thinking, thinking provides knowledge, Knowledge makes you great” – Abdul Kalam.
Learning is a lifelong evolutionary process and learning from inspiring mentors is what a conference is all about. Conference is a word derived from Medieval Latin “Conferentia” meaning “to bring together; deliberate, talk over.” Conferences have thus always formed an integral process of dissemination of scientific thoughts and innovations.
The International Federation of Endodontic Association (IFEA) is the only federal organization of endodontic societies or associations from 41 countries in the world and was founded in 1986. Its purpose is to elevate the technical and scientific standards of endodontic research, practice, and teaching to higher levels and to disseminate this knowledge throughout the world in order to improve the endodontic health standards globally. The IFEA World Endodontic Congress (WEC) is held in a different country every 2 years and offers an unique opportunity to listen and interact with the experts of our field.
Chennai (The Land of Temples), formerly known as Madras, is the capital of the Indian state of Tamil Nadu and is located on the southeast coast of India. This lively metropolis will be your host city during the 12th IFEA WEC as you soak in a harmonious blend of its rich cultural and architectural legacy along with its vibrant present.
Chennai Trade Centre, an ideal venue for such huge congresses, would be the venue for this congress and is well connected to the airport and other main areas of the city. The three exhibition halls extend over ten thousand square meters of air-conditioned space, without any intermittent pillars or columns. They would be utilized for having four main lecture halls of 3000+ seating capacity that would run parallel scientific sessions over the 4-day congress.
- IFEA 12th WEC will be a scientific extravaganza with 70+ keynote lectures by leaders in the field. Endodontics has evolved rapidly and this congress provides an ideal opportunity to learn and evolve from a galaxy of internationally renowned speakers
- Stalwarts in the field like James Gutmann, Stanley Malamed, Lars Andersson, Martin Trope, and Arnaldo Castellucci would be part of this congress to inspire us with their wisdom and experience
- For the first time ever in Asia, Dr. Syngcuk Kim demonstrates a LIVE on-stage molar microsurgery procedure
- This congress provides a golden opportunity to learn from top researchers like Anil Kishen, Matthias Zehnder, Josette Camilleri, Monty Duggal, Henry Kim, Paula Ng, Kishor Gulabivala, and many more
- World-renowned clinicians like Clifford Ruddle, John Khademi, Yoshi Terauchi, Ghassan Yared, Mohamaad Hammo, Filippo Cardinali, Sergiu Nicola, Antonis Chaniotis, and many more are addressing key clinical topics
- The venue would also have four workshop rooms that would host more than 25 hands on courses from September 23 to 26, 2020
- An extensive tradeshow that highlights technological innovations and latest endodontic clinical solutions with more than 50 stalls would be a part of the congress. The 12th IFEA WEC also showcases delightful social events that provides a chance to interact with the global endodontic leaders. The inaugural function and dinner event would be held on September 23, 2020, while an enthralling Gala Indian Dinner Night has been planned at the ornate Hotel ITC Grand Chola on September 25, 2020. This will be a memorable occasion to experience the culture and cuisine of India
- The congress also provides a perfect opportunity to explore the heritage of incredible India with various tour packages.
So dear friends, mark the dates and pack your bags to write memoirs about your memorable endodontic expedition to India. We welcome you to be part of one of the biggest global endodontic congregations and enthral yourself with a cultural and culinary experience of a lifetime.