|Year : 2016 | Volume
| Issue : 1 | Page : 76-77
Endovista 2016 report
Department of Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics, Terna Dental College, Navi Mumbai, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
|Date of Web Publication||21-Jun-2016|
Department of Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics, Terna Dental College, Nerul, Navi Mumbai, Mumbai, Maharashtra
Source of Support: None, Conflict of Interest: None
|How to cite this article:|
Singh S. Endovista 2016 report. Endodontology 2016;28:76-7
TPCT's Terna Dental College in association with Indian Endodontic Society (IES), organized their postgraduate spring meet "Endovista 2016" - A topic oriented detailed review for the postgraduate students in the field of Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics on the February 26, 27 and 28, 2016 at Nerul, Navi Mumbai.
The event was conducted in Terna Dental College Auditorium and met with a prolific response from delegates all over the country with a registration of more than 350 students and faculty from 42 Dental colleges across India. The inauguration of the program was held on the 26 th of February wherein the Chief Guest was Hon. Brig. Dr. Anil Kohli, Ex-President, Dental Council of India, and the guest of honor was Dr. Padmasinha Patil President, Terna Public Charitable Trust. Dignitaries such as Dr. Ida De Ataide, President, IES, Dr. K. S. Banga, Secretary, IES, and Head of Departments of various colleges and academia graced the occasion.
The scientific session spread over 3 days comprised of the creme de la creme in the field of Endodontics in India. These eminent speakers covered the following topics:
- Big issue over the little tissue - Dr. Ashish Jain
- Coronal leakage in Endodontics - Dr. Lalitha Gauri Mandke
- Endodontic failures - Causes and management - Dr. Laxminarayan
- MTA placement -A novel approach - Dr. Riyaaz Farooq
- Custom cast post - Dr. Roopa Nadig
- Biological considerations in Endodontic Therapy - Dr. Mithra Hegde
- Laser Dentistry - Dr. Vivek Hegde
- Amalgam composite controversy - Dr. Ida De Ataide
- Success is not final; failure is not fatal - Dr. Shalini Aggarwal
- Publishing your research - Dr. Sanjay Miglani
- Postendodontic restoration - Dr. Pratima Shenoi
- Microendodontics - Dr. Upendra Hoshing
- Nanotechnology in Endodontics - Dr. Sanjyot Mulay
- Terminators in Endodontics - Dr. Harish Shetty
- Practice management - Dr. K. H. Kidiyoor
- Dentine hypersensitivity - Dr. Aseem Tikku
- Biomimetic materials - Dr. Vanitha Shenoy
- Surgical Endodontics - Dr. Anuj Bhardwaj
- Traumatic Injuries of Permanent Dentition - Dr. Sathish Abraham
- Rotary versus reciprocation in Endodontics - Dr. Gopikrishna
- Bleaching - Dr. Meenal Gulve
- CBCT in Endodontics - Dr. Nitin Shah
- Regenerative strategies in Endodontics - Dr. Sai Kalyan.
The first 2 days had panel discussions to summarize and discuss the lectures conducted throughout the day followed by question - answer sessions with the respective panelists. The interaction between the young postgraduates and senior academician's led to interesting discussions and clearing of doubts which proved to be a highly interactive and fruitful.
The meet also had parallel scientific sessions giving the upcoming postgraduates an opportunity to present scientific papers and posters. Seven scientific sessions and two poster sessions saw a total of 76 papers in original research, reviews, and case discussion categories as well as 31 posters. The winners of these respective sessions received winner certificates for the best and runner-up papers and posters by the Dr. K. S. Banga and Dr. Sanjay Miglani in the valedictory function held on the last day. The trade fair saw a lot of endodontic products and materials on sale.
The event met with a huge success among all the delegates attending the program. The topics selected, the speakers, and all the other arrangements made by the organizing team were highly appreciated. The feedback obtained at the end of the program was excellent.
Financial support and sponsorship
Conflicts of interest
There are no conflicts of interest.